Author Topic: Someone else buy this!  (Read 19219 times)

Offline Bezor

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 2
  • A Hairball?
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Someone else buy this!
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2008, 11:30:43 AM »
that is what's it's all about, right there.  stunning car.   :)

Offline @re

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 319
  • Cuore Sportivo
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
1974 Fiat X1/9 1500
2005 Alfa GT 1,9 JTD

Offline Bezor

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 2
  • A Hairball?
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:23:09 PM by Bezor »

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2008, 02:53:37 AM »
Of all things to do with a Rolls...

Oh, man - that's awesome!
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Bezor

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 2
  • A Hairball?
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2008, 01:03:34 AM »
Lincoln CONCEPT - "Disappearing Doors" Prototype

click image to enlarge 1 of 3 made. $19K. See video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUSYk9o7dEI 
Contact (847)668-5004 (IL)
E-mail powdeb@aol.com

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2009, 09:36:30 PM »
For only $9k OBO you can be the proud owner of a copper orange 1969 Dodge Power Wagon!

Personally inspected by Stephen M, who personally inspected the brakes on his own car when he passed this beauty and hooked a U for another look. Conveniently located 20 miles north of Washington DC. 318 V8, AC, and 4wd. Bumpers (rammers?) of diamond plate and ~4 inch tubing sprayed black.  Winch on the front, toolbox in the back, Personality top to bottom.
Quote from: Ultra
What possible higher authority could we appeal to than Steppenwolf?

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2009, 10:02:20 PM »
Nice truck.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Arthur Dent

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 39
  • Nobody's Prefect
    • Old Car Junkie
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »

Offline Allan L

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 412
  • Forum Host in Vintage!
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2009, 03:52:31 PM »
This Riley would be real nice with hopped up MGB bits and pieces. Maybe a rally car theme.

Could end up like Alan Hutcheson at Aintree:
Opinionated but sometimes wrong

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2011, 09:09:20 PM »
Raising this thread back from the dead, like a zombie that just won't die. Speaking of which:

Genuine Zombie Apocalypse Survivor Mobile!

I mean, sure, they call it a "brush truck" to avoid upsetting those with delicate sensibilities, but anyone can see as plain as day just what this really is. 5 tons of 4WD diesel-powered zombie bashing machine. 300 gallon tank for water? No, 300 gallon tank for napalm to cleanse the undead with righteous fire! Assorted axes and chainsaws stowed all about, and ammo cans stored up top. Think they're filled with coffee makers and party favors? They're called ammo cans for a reason.

Bid with confidence, the confidence of being prepared for the coming apocalypse!

Note: Interior seating for a max of three people. Those with large families will have to make some tough decisions.

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2011, 08:44:31 PM »

You need this thing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ANTIQUE-1930-FORD-MODEL-RAT-ROD-/360372966386?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item53e7e713f2#v4-38

What is it? A blank slate for your dreams. A plus-sized go cart in which to show the Shriners your taillights. The perfect vehicle for cruising the post apocalyptic Australian outback, while some psycho in spiked shoulder pads tries to hijack your petrol.

BID with CONFIDENCE!

Offline Arthur Dent

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 39
  • Nobody's Prefect
    • Old Car Junkie
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »
That "Model A" doesn't seem to have an antique part on it. No title? No kidding - it is a Chevy and a bunch of angle iron welded together. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2012, 10:53:12 AM »

ICE CREAM TRUCK!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ICE-CREAM-TRUCK-NO-RESERVE-/190656528608?pt=Commercial_Trucks&hash=item2c6403c0e0#v4-40

Get your name added to the "watch list" just by bidding! Complete with venerable 7.3 diesel engine and creepy, non-licensed image of Shrek guaranteed to terrify small children.

The ad doesn't mention it, but I assume the seller is currently living in the vehicle and will need 24 hours after sale to find new accommodations.

Bid with confidence!

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2012, 11:07:11 PM »
"Does not, and will not run without qualified effort. I will not get involved with trying to make it run."

Coward. It's the 14th or 15th finest example of French engineering and it's only 40 years old; how hard could it be to get this thing on the road? I'm sure any needed parts are in stock at the local NAPA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Citroen-SM-1972-BVA-/261007302203?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cc53f5e3b

RayTheRat

« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2012, 11:45:26 PM »
You could even use this as a parts car...if it didn't rust away from its only trip to the salt flats.

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2012, 05:21:52 AM »
You could even use this as a parts car...if it didn't rust away from its only trip to the salt flats.

Nice!

Reading this "purchase advice" page kind makes me want one:

http://www.citroen-sm.org/wiki/index.php/Purchase_Advice

Then again, I'm of the belief that all truly great cars should occasionally demonstrate their hatred of you. :)

RayTheRat

« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »
Then again, I'm of the belief that all truly great cars should occasionally demonstrate their hatred of you. :)

In that case I've owned more "great cars" than one can count with all digits exposed.  I hate to say this, but the one that hated me the most was a 78 Ford Fairmont wagon that I bought new as a tow car for the Sprite.  I also used it as a daily driver and before it was a year old, it had been in the shop 11 times, 8 of those times arriving on the hook.  I finally traded my wife for her 70 VW.  Funny, it musta liked her a lot better, cuz it never went 'back to the womb' after that.

Then there was an 87 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe that seemed to have vampiristic tendencies.  It had never-ending problems with the instrument cluster and every time I'd do an r&r on it, I'd end up bleeding from both hands.  Fortunately, I sold it for twice what I paid for it (the seller believed it had a flat cam....it was a broken vacuum line) after replacing the plastic nose and a couple of minor things.

Some others that hated me: 76 Honda Accord, 65 Sunbeam Alpine (the Prince of Darkness definitely had a grasp on that one), 58 Opel Rekord Kombi (ate transmissions for breakfast), 63 Peugeot 404 (I out that one on its head) and a 68 Nova that my youngest son and I built together.  He finally killed it by driving it with very little coolant until the needle of the temp gauge snapped off.  It was a little hot.  Took out both heads and the block...it was a mild 355 V8.

I think my current "economy car" (88 Camaro V6) has a passive-resistive dislike for me, but for the moment, I think I have it under control...I think.

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2012, 10:02:52 PM »

It runs. It's only a grand. What the heck else do you want?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2985290102.html

It's also about the last car in the world I expected to see with a camo paint job. Maybe second to last behind a prius.  :)

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »
It's a whale of a deal!

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lou/1270822318.html

Built on "an otherwise perfect 1986 Yugo Cabrio." !?

(upon further review, this add is out of date. Sorry to get your hopes up.)

RayTheRat

« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »
Someone should snatch this one before it's declared a health hazard and demolished.  I mean, how many survivors can there be from a high-speed crash involving a 1962 International-Harvester pickup and a Pontiac Grand-Am of uncertain parentage can there be?  It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance!

RtR

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2012, 03:35:40 AM »
Looks like an Olds Alero got into the action as well

Offline faksta

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 409
  • Russian Racer
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »
Piece of... art!

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »
Someone should snatch this one before it's declared a health hazard and demolished. 

I believe that's what the kids today call a "Hot Mess." Minus the "hot" part.

Instead, why not build your next rat rod around this beaut:

Buick straight eight. From the next-to-last year of production. Already covered with a healthy patina of style! It's an eight cylinder engine with a grand total of maybe 30 moving parts. It will run on anything that burns and can be rebuilt with a Swiss army knife. Only 4 lbs/hp!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Buick-Special-Super-Fireball-straight-eight-engine-and-tranny-/360471455462?hash=item53edc5e6e6&item=360471455462&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2012, 04:36:14 AM »
This sellers lead-in speaks for itself:

This is an awsome handling driving custom classic one of a kind machine. we wrapped a 1937 dodge brothers humpback suicide doors body around a 2001 nissan frontier crew cab 4x4 pickup and added a 1948 dodge pickup front clip," what we had laying around".

The two-foot-thick A-pillars a safety plus, for sure. I think that big eagle is about to do what this .... thing .... deserves.

RayTheRat

« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »
"what we had laying around"

They should have left it laying around.   :yuck: