Author Topic: Someone else buy this!  (Read 19224 times)

RayTheRat

Re: Someone else buy this!
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »
Someone should snatch this one before it's declared a health hazard and demolished. 

I believe that's what the kids today call a "Hot Mess." Minus the "hot" part.

Instead, why not build your next rat rod around this beaut:

Buick straight eight. From the next-to-last year of production. Already covered with a healthy patina of style! It's an eight cylinder engine with a grand total of maybe 30 moving parts. It will run on anything that burns and can be rebuilt with a Swiss army knife. Only 4 lbs/hp!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Buick-Special-Super-Fireball-straight-eight-engine-and-tranny-/360471455462?hash=item53edc5e6e6&item=360471455462&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I know a couple of Fireball Straight Eights that go like stink:

There's one in the Salt Cat Lakester that ran in the 220 mph vicinity and one in Jeff Brock's 1950 "Bonneville Bombshell" that runs right around 160.

RayTheRat

« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »
Here's one for ya.  A "tastefully remodeled" 1948 Lincoln Continental.   :yuck:

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »
Here's one for ya.  A "tastefully remodeled" 1948 Lincoln Continental.   :yuck:

Yike. I don't know where to start.

And apparently someone else didn't know when to stop :)

I dare say the ravages of time and the elements can't diminish the beauty of a classic as fast as a motivated owner.

Speaking of which:

Pink-ish Cadillac. Some lights work. (How many do you need?). You can hose it out and sleep in it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Fleetwood-limo-1958-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Limo-Clear-Kansas-Title-Complete-Unmolested-Little-/230864061376?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35c09203c0

Quote from: Ultra
What possible higher authority could we appeal to than Steppenwolf?

RayTheRat

« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »
This is sick and wrong!  It's advertised as a "1957 Nomad."  I hate to pop their balloon, but it's a 1992 (or thereabouts) Caprice or Impala that's had some unsuccessful plastic surgery.  The twin hood spears and side trim can't keep it from being what it really is:  a real dog.  The real sad part is that it's for sale for $20k.  I think somebody added a zero by mistake...or felonious intent.

RtR

Offline sixtee5cuda

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 424
  • Mopar Man
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2012, 11:19:46 PM »
The same type of people who create something like that, would turn an '89 Caprice into an El Camino, with about the same resale value:

RayTheRat

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
Yeah.  If we put 'em both together (and could chase down buyers for 'em) we could both have a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  :)

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
The same type of people who create something like that, would turn an '89 Caprice into an El Camino, with about the same resale value:

I see a lot of Mopar/SRT in that front end treatment. I can't decide if that's faint praise; and if so, on who it should fall.

While I'm figuring that out, put a bid down on this beaut:

V12 caddy caught halfway to a full resto or a rat rod. Your call.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1937-V12-CADILLAC-TOURING-LIMO-RUNS-GREAT-HUGE-TWELVE-CYLINDER-FULL-CLASSIC-/261132236898?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cccb1b862
Quote from: Ultra
What possible higher authority could we appeal to than Steppenwolf?