Author Topic: All British Field Meet 2010 - Vancouver BC  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Arthur Dent

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 39
  • Nobody's Prefect
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Old Car Junkie
All British Field Meet 2010 - Vancouver BC
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:52:38 PM »
This year I managed to attend the All British Field Meet held in the lovely Botanical Gardens in Vancouver, BC, Canada. This year was their 25th anniversary a banner year for cars attending (over 600). Attendance was quite impressive as well. The honored marques where British Fords and Jaguar E-Types.

The full gallery is located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseven/sets/72157624013048867/ - 125 photos so far

a small sample below

Aston Martin DB2/4

Extremely nice Lotus Eleven hand built replica. You can see his build log for this and his Seven here - http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3137

Fitted with Coventry Climax engine, Sprite/Midget gearbox, Nash Metropolitan rear axle and Triumph spindles.

The best thing about the show is all the fantastic British saloons like this lovely 1956 Austin Westminster A90 with two tone paint.

1963 Austin Cambridge wagon

Fantastic 1959 Sunbeam Rapier with a neat trailer. Velocette service is written on the trailer so he must a be bike fan as well. (Velocette was a British motorbike manufacturer)

Austin Healey 100 - fold back windshield, wire wheels and a torque rich engine - fantastic car.

Interesting 1964 Commer Van set up as a mini motor home.

The fantastic super wedge Aston Martin Lagonda. Great to see someone keeping one is such fabulous condition.

1930 MG M-Type

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: All British Field Meet 2010 - Vancouver BC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 04:21:37 AM »
Very nice - thanks for sharing!  :)
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline MG

• Free Radical
  • Puzzle Points 12
  • Designated Driver
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 06:27:46 AM »
That Aston is to die for!    :drool:

What were you doing in Vancouver? How far away from Lethbridge is that? I could look it up myself but I am far too lazy for that..... :-[

Do you have more photos? Would you like to collaborate with me on a slide show for Examiner.com?

And where is my all time favorite, the Humber Super Snipe!!?!?!?!?    :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away!

Offline Arthur Dent

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 39
  • Nobody's Prefect
    • Old Car Junkie
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
Its about a 14hr drive away. We have family there so works out well.

I have more photos at this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseven/sets/72157624013048867/ - a few more on my hard drive as well.

No Super Snipes sadly. I haven't seen one in years.

Offline MG

• Free Radical
  • Puzzle Points 12
  • Designated Driver
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
14 hours?!?!?  Geeze, that's a big time road trip. Good for you.  Most people today either fly or stay home.   :applause:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away!

Offline faksta

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 409
  • Russian Racer
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 01:33:14 PM »
Sweet company. I like the Eleven. Shame it's just a replica.

Austin-Healey is also very nice.

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 06:19:05 AM »
Front Page Feature

http://www.autopuzzles.com
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Arthur Dent

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 39
  • Nobody's Prefect
    • Old Car Junkie
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »
14 hours with three kids eight and under plus the wife! We did stay in the area for a week with family.

Thanks for front page feature!

Uploaded a few more.

Some of the best cars can be in the parking like this Renault R8 Gordini outside the show. Being French it wouldn't be allowed in I suppose.

Old and new-ish Volkswagen vans.

Volkswagen Beetle with several period style modifications. Funky flip out front windshield.

Morris Minor truck parked outside the show. Definitely bigger tires than stock.

Famous half car half boat 1966 Amphicar 770 for sale outside the show.

Offline MG

• Free Radical
  • Puzzle Points 12
  • Designated Driver
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »
The prices for Amphicars are ridiculous!   :o  They were lousy boats and even worse cars.    :-[