Author Topic: Alfa Romeo to put 8C Competizione into production! <Old News, Hot car.>  (Read 990 times)

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles

When you're hot, you're hot. Resurgent Italian automaker Alfa Romeo has earmarked  the fabulous Alfa 8C Competizione concept car that debuted at the 2003 Frankfurt show for production.

Showing that he's a genuine car guy, new Alfa CEO Antonio Barravalle says, "We have cut the budget for our advertising campaign and will do the 8C instead, because it is a perfect way to promote the Alfa brand." We couldn't agree more.

The plan is to debut the production version at the Paris show in late September, where the company will start to take orders for a limited production run of 500 coupes. Apparently Barravalle is also considering a future Spider version.

Speculation is that the new 8C will follow the carbon fiber body/spaceframe chassis construction of the concept car, with a 440 hp V8 powerplant based on the current Ferrari-Maserati unit. More pictures of Alfa's road-going glory after the jump.

Wallpapers!
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Rich

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 11
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Alfa Romeo to put 8C Competizione into production! <Old News, Hot car.>
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 10:20:23 PM »
This car, more than any other in a long time, really moves my soul.  Alas, I already have one fiery redhead.....

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 01:12:26 PM »
That's nuthin' - how about the the upcoming Alfa Cobalti?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/hatchbacks/is-this-the-new-alfa-romeo-149/
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »
This car, more than any other in a long time, really moves my soul.  Alas, I already have one fiery redhead.....

Now coming to the USA..........
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car