Author Topic: 2008/9 Baby Bugatti  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
2008/9 Baby Bugatti
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:57:03 PM »

Bugatti has plans for a second model to sit below its forthcoming £800,000 Veyron hypercar... and you can ready about it exclusively in this week's Autocar. The £120,000 Ferrari 612-rival should appear by 2008, Richard Bremner reveals. It will be a practical car useable every day, in the mould of Porsche's 911, and could look like the car our artist's impression points to.

Specifically, its layout will be that of a mid-engined two-plus-two, reviving a breed of supercar that hasn't been around since the Ferrari Mondial finished production in 1994. Running on a unique platform, but with access to VW's extensive parts bin, it could ultimately end up with a twin-clutch DSG gearbox, a drivetrain borrowed from Lamborghini, and 500bhp - either from Audi's 4.2-litre V8 in turbocharged guise, or VW's W12 unit best known for its employment in Bentley's Continental GT.

=========================================

2008/9? Working on standard Bugatti timetable for getting a vehicle ready for production, we can look forward to it around 2014.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Rich

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 11
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: 2008/9 Baby Bugatti
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:11:39 PM »
I saw another rendering of it in one of the zillions of car mags I get (I think it was in R&T) and liked that one much better.

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 01:18:12 PM »
I quit getting car mags a couple of years ago.  Got tired of paying for, what I alrready knew via internet, by the time it got here.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Rich

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 11
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »
It's kind of a thing for me to have a hard-copy right there in front of me; I like the ads (!?), and the mailbox present every month or so....