Author Topic: 2009 Ford Mustang?  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
2009 Ford Mustang?
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:10:24 PM »

The two door hot seller from Ford, The Mustang will be upgraded in terms of style for its 2009 edition. The Mustang will shed its retro look for a more sturdy rather a hard-edged look.

The engine choices will be a 3.5L V6 engine generating an output of 260 hp or a 5.0L V8, which is obviously more powerful. There are many speculations being drawn for the 2012 Edition as well, the buzz is the 2012 edition is inspired by the Australian Falcon Version; it may even be a four door vehicle.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: 2009 Ford Mustang?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
Preposterous!

I'm all for a new shape. However, please please please please Ford, not another Genericar. I beg of you!

If you want to build a fast 4-door, how about building the 427 from a few years back, or the Four Nine in four-door form (along with a 2-door)?
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline MG

• Free Radical
  • Puzzle Points 12
  • Designated Driver
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 07:48:09 AM »
Well, I am a little displeased with the rush to turn every car on the road into a clone of chop top 41 Chevy.  MB started it with the CL 500 and now Jaguar is proposing to have the most extreme 4 door coupe like profile. Pretty soon, we will all have to be like Herve Villechez to get in and out of our cars. I also object to side window glass that looks like its primary function is for use as gun slits in a rolling pillbox.

Ah well, fashion will have its day. But this is ONE fashion I can do without.

The present Mustang looks pretty damn good to my eyes. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!    >:(
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away!

Offline Jagman

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 6
    • Dave's Jag
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:28:13 AM »
I want to be sure I get the "go fast " lines on mine!

I'm with KU, build me a 49 (I like the 2 door just fine) keep it under $35k with a V-8 and I'm an owner

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
    • AutoPuzzles
2009 Ford Mustang details emerge
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 01:26:01 PM »
Steve Saleen, founder of Ford tuner Saleen Inc., has shared some insider details on next next-generation 2009 Ford Mustang. Mr. Saleen spoke with John Breaux of CarCrazy at the 2006 Cruisin the Coast Auto Show in Biloxi, Mississippi, where he disclosed preliminary specs of the new car.

Saleen said he recently spoke with Ford CEO Alan Mulally, who said the 2009 GT Mustang will get a bump from 300 hp up to 350 horsepower. Mulally also said the GT500 would get get a modest 15 horsepower increase over its already impressive 500 horsepower.

The 2009 Mustang will not be a complete redesign, but rather a facelift of the existing model. The overall body shape is expected to stay the same, but the front and rear should see extensive reworking to keep things fresh.

“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 04:06:45 AM »
How about a wagon?

Article
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Rich

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 11
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:49:51 AM »
How about a wagon?

Article

This should be merged w/ the "Worlds Colliding" thread....

Maybe a Mustang Ranchero?

Mustang Country Squire?

Mustang Pinto Hybrid?

Piece de resistance:  Mustang Mustang.