Author Topic: 2007 Mazda MX-5 CC (Miata folding hardtop?)  (Read 4248 times)

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
2007 Mazda MX-5 CC (Miata folding hardtop?)
« on: April 22, 2006, 03:15:47 AM »

Mazda is tipped to unveil a folding tin-top version of its brilliant new MX-5 at this summer's British Motor Show in London.

This computer-generated image gives an idea of what the car could look like, but you'll have to wait until July for official shots of the new Mazda.

There's no more official information on the secret Mazda just yet, but we'd expect it to go on sale later this year with a price tag of around 17.000GBP to 17.500GBP - about 1.500GBP to 2.000GBP more than the soft-top.

This summer's event should be the best British Motor Show in decades, because along with the Mazda it will feature world debuts of the next-generation Land Rover Freelander and Vauxhall Corsa.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Boxer2500

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 0
  • This space for rent
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: 2007 Mazda MX-5 CC (Miata folding hardtop?)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 03:57:32 AM »
I'm sure it'll broaden the car's market appeal, but it just doesn't seem "right" for a car like this. A fixed-roof version would be very attractive as a track car, but a big part of the Miata's appeal for me is the simple nature of a manually operated softtop.

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: 2007 Mazda MX-5 CC (Miata folding hardtop?)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »
I'm sure it'll broaden the car's market appeal, but it just doesn't seem "right" for a car like this.

It is an option.  Nothing wrong with choices as I see it.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car