Author Topic: 2008/2009 Audi Mk2 TT RS  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
2008/2009 Audi Mk2 TT RS
« on: May 12, 2006, 09:44:20 AM »

Audi is working on a Mk2 TT RS that will be introduced end 2008 and on the market urly 2009 with a well over 300+ hp 3.6 litre VR6 non turbo engine.
It will futher have a S-Line (Shooting Brake Style) body kit with honeycomb grills, aluminium bruched mirrors, 19" wheels with 255/35ZR19" tyres, ceramic brakes, 4 round exhaust tips and RS4 style Recaro seats.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Rich

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 11
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: 2008/2009 Audi Mk2 TT RS
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:31:17 AM »
I just wet my pants.

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:32:36 AM »
I just wet my pants.

I hear you!  ;D

This looks like one sweet machine.  8)

Offline CeeVeeGee

• Puzzle Points 0
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 08:42:47 AM »
I like. Now only if I can get my ex and her lawyer to loosen their grip on my wallet long enough for me to buy one.

Offline roopull

• Puzzle Points 0
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 02:20:10 PM »
Shooting brake styling?  As in wagon?  I'm all for it, as I could never justify a sports car with no room for luggage...  what fun is a car you can go on a roadtrip in?  But, I can't see the masses flocking to it.  Wish they had a profile pic.
Quote from: MG
Cigarettes are FAR more deadly than marijuana. Cigarettes are protected by government licensing while marijuana is banned. Do you need to know any more about government?    :cry:

www.lp.org   www.cato.org   www.ehowa.com  www.carnuts.us  www.unitedpackagesmashers.com

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:24:19 AM »

Quatt a beauty! Audi's mean machine is the forthcoming Audi TT RS - and it promises to give BMW's Z4 Coupe and the Porsche Cayman a real scare.

The spiritual successor to the legendary Quattro is powered by a bored-out 350bhp version of the 3.2-litre V6 which appears in the current range-topping TT. The performance model will feature uprated brakes, stiffened suspension and four-wheel drive.

In the same vein as the RS4 saloon and forthcoming R8 supercar, the new TT RS has been designed to raise Audi's image with enthusiasts and capitalise on the famous quattro badge - something that previous high-performance models have failed to do.

The TT RS will be one of the most aggressive looking Audis ever, with flared wheelarches, bold alloys and a front end complete with a ground-hugging splitter and honeycomb mesh air intakes. The regular TT's steel doors and tailgate will be replaced with aluminium items to save weight, and the 3.6-litre engine should propel the RS to a 0-60mph sprint time of less than five seconds, and a limited top speed of 155mph. A choice of six-speed manual and DSG sequential gearboxes will be available.

The newcomer is set to arrive towards the end of next year, with a price tag in the region of 40.000GBP.

Offline Jagman

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 6
    • Dave's Jag
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 06:06:39 PM »
I like the first pic better (the blue one rather than the white) it's the first newer Audi I've seen  (outside of the ones in I, Robot) that I don't mind the big mouth grill so much.

As to the wagon, version...as a twin turbo Audi wagon owner, I say yes, bring it on!

Offline Stephen M

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 34
  • Rocket Scientist
    • Car-related musings
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 10:52:32 PM »
I just wet Rich's pants.
Quote from: Ultra
What possible higher authority could we appeal to than Steppenwolf?

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 03:21:07 AM »
Yikes!  :o
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 10:53:57 AM »

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 09:32:17 PM »

It's not often that luxury German cars promise less is more – just take a look at our drive of the latest Mercedes CL63. But the base version of Audi’s new TT could be the exception to the rule.  This TT has fantastic poise and grip, but with much greater adjustability than the quattro. The ride is more comfortable, too.  Powered by the VW Golf GTI’s 2.0-litre turbo engine, you might expect the front-wheel-drive machine to feel slow compared to the flagship 3.2 quattro.  Instead, it is genuinely quick, with the turbo motor keen to pull hard and smoothly from anywhere in the rev range. Combine this with our test car’s swift-shifting S tronic sequential manual gearbox – a £1,400 option – and it covers 0-60mph in only 6.4 seconds. 

The smaller engine and lack of heavy 4WD transmission have worked wonders with the handling, too. This TT has fantastic poise and grip, but with much greater adjustability than the quattro. The ride is more comfortable, too.  You get the same sleek good looks of its more powerful brother, too; only the plain tailpipes and minor trim chan­ges mark this model out  But best of all is the fact that at £24,625 (with the standard six-speed manual), you save nearly £5,000 over the bigger-engined TT. That it is also a better car makes the deal even sweeter.