Author Topic: * * * * * Zukunftsautos der 80er Jahre – Concept-cars, Designstudien, Prototypen  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Roger Gloor, "Zukunftsautos der 80er Jahre – Concept-cars, Designstudien, Prototypen" (~ future cars of the eighties, concept cars, design studies, prototypes), publisher: Hallwag, 1991, 496 pp. (hardcover with bookjacket in slider, 23cm x 30cm) ISBN: 3-444-10385-9, prize: ~ 40-50,-€ (or more!)

Gloor is a Swiss automotive journalist (*1937) who was editor of the Swiss car magazine "Automobil Revue". He wrote many books about cars, most common are his cyclopaedic:
"Nachkriegswagen, 1945-1960 Personenautos" (~ post-war cars, 1945-1960)
"Personenwagen der 60er Jahre" (~ cars of the sixties)
"Alle Autos der 70er Jahre" (~ all cars of the seventies)
later more on these..

About the book:
As its name implies it's about concept cars. All of the major companies and design studios are involved as well as many obsure projects that you'll hardly find on the internet..
Gloor describes very detailed from background information of the particular project, history of the company, date and location of presentation, men behind the project, associated projects through technical details. Each of the cars is illustrated in high quality (in colour or b+w)

Quote: "Fantastic book, covers 400 special cars from the 80's. All cars illustrated, very deep information. Covers all the famouus dream cars and obscure ones, like ATM Enterprise, Jensen Logicar, Mellberg, Morandi, Pöhlmann, Nancy, SGS Kleinstauto..."

This book is a real treasury, unfortunately there's only a German edition.
It's not available in book stores anymore, but easily to purchase on various sources for app. 40-50,-€

How I wish he had written such a book about the sixties/seventies/nineties as well!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:16:09 AM by Paul Jaray »

Offline basman007

• Puzzle Points 48
  • Contributor
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Zukunftsautos der 80er Jahre – Concept-cars, Designstudien, Prototypen
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »
Seems like a very nice book  :)

Offline 75america

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 293
  • Gran Torino
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Zukunftsautos der 80er Jahre – Concept-cars, Designstudien, Prototypen
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 06:13:18 AM »
Seems like a very nice book  :)

Yes it is.  ;)

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
Since 2001 I´ve been waiting for the successor of the book, covering the 1990´s, now it´s 2010 and there even isn´t a 2010´s edition - I fear there will be no series any more.

It´s one of my highly appreciated books, really!

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
Do you have any infos that the nineties volume was ever in the pipeline?  :o

What I know for sure is that he's currently working on this: Alle Autos der 80er Jahre
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:51:10 PM by Allemano »

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
    • My car photography
No, but as I do own some of his books, I´ve just hoped that there will be part II, II  etc....

I´ve just discovered this whole book group and will try to contibute something, too.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:49:15 PM by grobmotorix »

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
Wow, that's a collection!

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
Currently there's a copy available on Amazon.de for only € 20,-.

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Since 2001 I�ve been waiting for the successor of the book, covering the 1990�s, now it�s 2010 and there even isn�t a 2010�s edition - I fear there will be no series any more.

It�s one of my highly appreciated books, really!

Guess you will have to write the next book in the series then.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline ImpishGrin

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 303
  • Afficionado Anorak
Guess you will have to write the next book in the series then.

Hey, that's an idea. Let's write a book! :D

"From the editors of Autopuzzles.com" series - sounds good :P
It's not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
Ultra already had this idea...there are some sites (like Lulu) where you can make your own book and sell it...I think the solved section contains more interesting cars than any book...and I definetly would buy an "Autopuzzles" book!

Offline DeAutogids

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 204
  • This text is just for you!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • dAuto.nl
Ultra already had this idea...there are some sites (like Lulu) where you can make your own book and sell it...I think the solved section contains more interesting cars than any book...and I definetly would buy an "Autopuzzles" book!
Second that, especially the 2nd part!