Author Topic: SOLVED: WTH # 418 - 1954 Volkswagen Luxe Coupe by Cryns Carrosserie  (Read 1839 times)

Offline thorax

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 389
  • AutoPuzzles
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: WTH # 418
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 11:27:22 AM »
Coune?
FRIUL LIBAR

Offline Djetset

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 562
  • Car Life
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2016, 12:00:20 PM »
It's not quite the traditional Van Den Plas base, but could it be by them?
A car is for life, not just for Christmas.

Offline sixtee5cuda

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 424
  • Mopar Man
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »
Not Coune or VDP

The coachbuilder name starts with the letter "C"

Offline thorax

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 389
  • AutoPuzzles
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 03:11:04 PM »
Colson?
FRIUL LIBAR

Offline sixtee5cuda

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 424
  • Mopar Man
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2016, 03:46:51 PM »
Not Colson

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 04:12:41 PM »
I do not know Claeys, but a company called Claes...

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 04:20:42 PM »
I think I found it - it is a 1954 Cryns Volkswagen Beetle Coupé.

Offline sixtee5cuda

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 424
  • Mopar Man
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2016, 07:50:09 PM »
And the point goes to grobmotorix for the correct answer.

Did you find the picture in the PDF file?  I found it interesting that there are so many pictures online of the first Cryns VW, and none of the second.

Offline 58_spyder

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 62
  • Name That Car!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: SOLVED: WTH # 418 - 1954 Volkswagen Luxe Coupe by Cryns Carrosserie
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
I didi find it just minutes after Grobmotorix posted it. I refreshed the page to reply and found his answer. I googled Cryns and 1954 VW as it was referred to on another website,hence I found the PDF

The company is still in business today, they have a website in Dutch  Google for 1954 Cryns Volkswagen and you will find Carrosserie Cryns.

Body Cryns | restores cars and vans as new

History
The story of Cryns starts at the end of the second World War in 1944.
Hidden cars are emerging from their secret hiding spaces.
Louis Cryns has one passion. The automobile. An entrepreneur at heart, Louis dares hope for a better future. Prospects will always be better than what he witnessed in recent past, was what he thought.
And it was, the cars that were apparently hidden during the war were showing up again. In itself a good thing, but guess what? The body of most cars is damaged. Mice were did well on the cars interiors, most of the inner linings were gone. And there is also a lot of glass damage.

Creative body
That is right up the street from Louis. We now draw shortly after the war. There is a dire shortage of auto parts. So Louis had to be creative. He rebuilds delivery trucks into passenger vehicles with seating as well as the opposite, he converts luxury car into pick-up trucks, which can be immediately deployed to numerous customers for the reconstruction. Louis Cryns uses this foundation stone of  Carrosserie Cryns, a family business with a reputation that lasted until late in the 21th century to the "Crynsen" will belong.
Today, the company still faces craftmanship in the body and service.

Bodywork Cryns in the Gazet
In the early fifties. Together with his brother Henri Louis is looking for larger premiises. So they moved from the Zwaardstraat in Antwerp to the Coveliersstraat Berchem. Since the brothers have more space, they had more possibilities. So they got more done. In the Gazet van Antwerpen on May 6, 1954 is already an article about the very fine craftsmanship of Bodywork Cryns.
It is the time that Volkswagen chassis' exclusive sports coupe are built.
The company continues to grow. There is again a need for expansion in space. In 1961 the second workshop of Carrosserie Cryns opens. In particular, in the White Street. In the beginning it is merely a branch. Three years later it offers to Louis, as well as Henri space to continue each in his own workshop. Louis Cryns continues its business further in the White Street.

Regarding the son of Louis, Ronald, he and his dad were two of a kind as he joined his father. The company of father and son be given a new impetus, a new name: BODY CRYNS & SON SPRL.
Late 70s- Early 80s. The second generation is more and more in the company. The body shop has more and more work. Again must Louis and Ronald look for more workspace. In 1980 they bought building next dool. It is a very modern workshop with spraying booth with three preparation zones and Korek-stratenig/alignment workspace.
I
n 1982 Louis handing the torch to Ronald. Ronald became the head of Cryns Bodywork.
And now offices. In 1987 Ronald buy another adjacent property and it grows to a modern workshop for crash repairs.The customer base is growing and - importantly - employment is increasing hand over fist. Early 90s must move due to growth in the industrial zone in Mortsel. After the renovations, the modern body center there with all the advanced techniques and technologies entails.

Despite the market decline in the body and damage sector, turnover remains the same. The Crynsklanten prove faithful. And a nice welcome and ample parking attract new customers. Thus we have a sales increase of almost 100% in 1994. DESIGN: thus succeeded.

Meanwhile, work at Cryns 25 people. Some of them are more than 20 years of service! The faithful foreman teaches young people the tricks of the bodywork. And so the familiar Cryns' top quality guaranteed.

No fast growth without growing pains. To equip itself achieves Cryns in 1995 as one of the first ISO 9002 certification. Cryns is and will remain a progressive company. In terms of engineering, technology and all other areas. Such as the environment, for example. The company meets all young environmental standards.

Customer service and a total service are major assets. The company ensures that the damage is rapidly and extensively restored and that the claim file is handled correctly. The customer should hardly even bother to.
Cryns continues to grow. They take the lead within the body market. Ronald Cryns the decision in 2003 will open a second plant in Zwijndrecht, Westpoort. It is located in a new industrial zone with strategic location on the E17 at the edge of the Waasland.

Besides Mortsel customers can come in Zwijndrecht for all body repair of cars and vans. And this all makes. The target customers are private individuals, fleets and leasing companies. Cutting edge technology both in terms of the environment and in terms of repair. Such as Smart-repair techniques. Obtaining a replacement vehicle - possibly van - is possible.

On January 1, 2011 Johan Van Deursen takes the bodyshop Cryns Bodywork Center in Mortsel and Zwijndrecht about.

On the website ar e various car, including a 1953 Cryskler Ghia i saw last summer at a concours d'Elegance.

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
    • My car photography
Re: SOLVED: WTH # 418 - 1954 Volkswagen Luxe Coupe by Cryns Carrosserie
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 05:31:50 PM »
Retro-man found it in an old book... ;)