Author Topic: GTC #122 SOLVED: Ford GN34/Maya in-house proposal  (Read 521 times)

Offline DHoffmann

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 87
  • On holiday
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
GTC #122 SOLVED: Ford GN34/Maya in-house proposal
« on: May 09, 2015, 05:32:14 AM »
Well well well, what have we here?

One point available for the correct answer!

Offline DHoffmann

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 87
  • On holiday
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: GTC #122
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:38:47 PM »
The.

Offline thewarlord

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 141
  • AutoPuzzles
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:43:30 AM »
1985 ca. Ford's GN34 mid engine two seater proposal

Offline DHoffmann

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 87
  • On holiday
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 11:43:40 PM »
1985 ca. Ford's GN34 mid engine two seater proposal

I've been umming and aahing about this answer.

Whilst you might be correct - I highly welcome anything that backs this theory up...

My (meagre) source has this as a different car, though Ford and the period are correct. Unless further corroborative evidence comes forward that this is explicitly linked to the GN34 (I haven't been able to find anything with this picture or styling buck), I think I'm going to have to ask for a different name and lock this puzzle for you for the next 24 hours.

Offline thewarlord

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 141
  • AutoPuzzles
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:56:52 AM »
Here's the opposite side to it. Your picture comes from CAR, where it was said it was Ford's rival to Maya. And Maya, in turn, was Giugiaro's proposal for GN-34 project

Offline DHoffmann

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 87
  • On holiday
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 02:23:45 AM »
Here's the opposite side to it. Your picture comes from CAR, where it was said it was Ford's rival to Maya. And Maya, in turn, was Giugiaro's proposal for GN-34 project

Well I was unable to really pin down the timeline surrounding the design of this and the Maya, thus my confusion, but you've provided not only the name I had but also the source it was from so that is very much indeed what's needed for the point.

Just to clarify though, that's definitely a step further along in the design process, the styling buck from my photo shows twin styling options (note the centre line running up the nose splitting the two different designs), amongst a lack of other distinctive details.