Author Topic: Puzzle #1101 - Solved! Fastlane TransFX Fiero  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Puzzle #1101 - Solved! Fastlane TransFX Fiero
« on: December 06, 2008, 06:59:08 AM »
Know what it is?

Please, respond below and let us know what this car is called, and who built it.

If you haven't registered yet, you need to do so in order to reply with your answer.  You can do so by clicking here.

Also, please be sure to check out our other puzzles, and, please post a puzzle of your own if you'd like - the more, the merrier. :D

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:05:00 AM by Otto Puzzell »
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline basman007

• Puzzle Points 48
  • Contributor
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Puzzle #1101
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:35:06 AM »
Trans FX Fastlane

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: Puzzle #1101
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 03:06:11 AM »
An odd-looking Fiero, indeed.

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Holy potato Batman, what is this thing?

What is it called (either of two names accepted.  Bonus point for both names), who built it, who requested it, how much did it cost and why was it built?

ALL for one point.  I know, it seems like a lot of work, but I know you guys are up to the task.

Bonus point for the puzzler that can tell us where it was last seen (and available for sale).

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:58:43 PM by araknid »
Always remember to keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down.

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
Re: Araknid #21
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
Any experts want to have a go?

Offline Delorean

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 201
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 02:28:10 AM »
This is the ETV ( Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle ), build by Mike Vetter of the The Car Factory. It's a kitcar and is based on a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. As it's a kit car, you can have it in any color you like ... the black one's even electric.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:36:14 AM by Delorean »

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »
Well, that is all true, but that's not what I was looking for, although the ETV was one of the names I was after.  The car I have pictured was built as a prototype for a very specific reason for a bunch of money.  It was originally built as a non-operating body shell and later had a GM V-6 installed.  Mike Vetter copied the design and began making and marketing them as kit cars

Tell me who built it, who requested it, how much did it cost and why was it built?  It's all out there if you dig.

Locked for you until Monday

Here is another picture of the car when it was blue.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:49:35 PM by araknid »

Offline Delorean

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 201
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »
The silver car is your first post IS the silver car in my first post, so I've answered the question that was asked. I didn't know it was build as a prototype in the first place. You probably are right about it, but this weekend I haven't got the time to look it up, so you can unlock it if possible ...

By the way, are you sure the picture of your blue car is the same as the silver one?

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
By the way, are you sure the picture of your blue car is the same as the silver one?

It's supposed to be.  You'll notice how the front end is different from the Vetter model.  The company that made the first one made four examples.  Only one had an engine installed to make it a running car.  The silver picture is what my source indicates is the one running example.  However, all my research on the car only shows the blue one, but it doesn't have any running gear.  I'm somewhat handicapped now, though, since the original website where I found the image I posted has disappeared.  Nonetheless, whether it's silver or blue, I'm still looking for the story behind the original.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:11:17 PM by araknid »

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
I'm ready to move this up.  There appears to be some confusion about the car.  It's not clear if the silver car in my original post is the same as the ETV by Mike Vetter or the car I'm looking for.  According to my source, it is the car I'm looking for.  However, the blue one I subsequently posted is the one without any doubts.  So, for future reference, please answer my puzzle for the blue car posted below.

Since it is possible that the silver car is actually Mike Vetter's ETV, I will award one point to Delorean.

Since I don't want this to end up in the Autopuzzles' 'black hole', if this doesn't get solved by December 7th, I will begin adding clues.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:37:45 PM by araknid »

Offline Oguerrerob

• Master
  • Puzzle Points 1417
  • Ver 2.0
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 06:01:04 PM »
a few more

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
Yes, I know.  Still not the same car.  Nice...er...exterior, though.

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »
Fastlane Concept?

"FASTLANE FUTURISTIC CONCEPT CAR

Original movie prop concept car which was built by Trans FX as part of a $2.8 million dollar Universal Studios project. Trans FX  is well known in the movie car industry and is credited for building concept cars for General Motors. I purchased this directly from Arizona Picture Cars. They informed me that there were 4 identical bodies made for Universal Studios at a cost of $3.5 million dollars for the 4 (others claim $2.8 million). This “Fastlane” concept car is a static prop designed to be mounted on a mid-engine GM chassis (Fiero). The body is made of a strong composite material , not fiberglass. Features laser cut acrylic windows. The side windows are functional, mounted on a track so you can push them in, then up or down. It has the doors, head light doors, and hatch opening precut. They are currently mounted to the car, but non-functional. When I purchased this car it was complete, minus the rear hatch. This is a static prop, which means it does not drive. It can be displayed as is or added to a stretched Fiero chassis (not included) and fabricated into a running driving machine. The body is mounted on a steel display frame with (4) heavy duty casters for moving around your shop or museum. This is an original, one of only 4, prototype vehicle (shell). "

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
Yes. That's it!  It was built for the Fastlane movie that was never made.    :hail: :applause: :faint:

Now, for the bonus point, can you (or anyone else) tell me where the running example was last seen and available for sale?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:15:00 PM by araknid »

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »
The Universal Studios
$2.8 million dollar (or 4)
In theys site there's not a word about this car among theyr movie cars or the GM prototypes they built.

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
It was for sale on Ebay.
The "Blue Djinn"(pronounced 'Jin') started life as a 2.8million dollar Universal Studios Project.  The Movie was called "Fastlane", and, for whatever reasons, the movie never came to be...

The car was built by TransFX, one of the most prolific and sought after Specialty Car Companies in Hollywood. TransFX has built Batmobiles, BatBikes, and even the BatWing for some of the "Batman" movies.  They built the "Cricket" for A.I., and who knows how many others... Their work is masterful and you should check them out online.

The "Blue Djinn" is truly a work of art... a Masterpiece of Engineering & Style.  A true 'Glimpse' of how Automobile Designers believe cars of the future will appear - when the world is ready.

Here at DjinnEV.com, we have one major character flaw... we lack patience.  We lack the patience to wait for the individuals in charge of the Automobile Companies to start making a car that is Energy Efficient, Affordable, and quite frankly, this COOL! Therefore, we've taken on the task of producing the "Blue Djinn" ourselves.

We're also not waiting for the Auto-Makers to start producing Electric Cars... we all learned in the '90's that the oil companies just wont let that happen.

We're NOT an automobile company, nor do we claim to be - although we've built everything from high-performance Sand Rails to Custom Lamborghini's.  We're not a R&D Company - we're leaving that to the guys who pay themselves HUGE salaries at the expense of their Stockholders.  Lastly, we're not kidding... the "Djinn" will be available this year, set for release in November of 2008, and making it's debut on April 26th at the Knotts Berry Farm Custom Auto Show!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:20:09 PM by Paul Jaray »

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »
The example pictured was, but not the one running example.

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
    • My car photography
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 06:28:07 PM »
Unfortunately I´ve started to begin digging  my HD from Z to A...
I´ve found three photos, tagged Fastlane concept 2002.

Offline araknid

• Puzzle Points 29
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »
It was for sale on Ebay.
The "Blue Djinn"(pronounced 'Jin') started life as a 2.8million dollar Universal Studios Project.  

Congratulations!  you came up with the other name for the car.  Bonus point for you.

Still one bonus point available for the puzzler that can tell me were it was last seen and available for sale (and not eBay)

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: Puzzle #1101 - Solved! Fastlane TransFX Fiero
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 05:04:17 AM »
Merged