Author Topic: Solved: Allemano's № 617 - Microcar for the Hong Kong Governor (more infos welcome!)  (Read 713 times)

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
This is a bit of a mystery....

Please respond below if you know what this is and for whom it was built
One point for the right and complete answer!

If you haven't registered yet, you'll need to do so in order to reply and to post your own puzzles

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Allemano's № 617
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:25:08 AM »
moved.

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:05:12 AM »
Again.

Online Oguerrerob

• Master
  • Puzzle Points 1420
  • Ver 2.0
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »
This car was speally built for the Hong Kong Governor.  "HK Governor (believed to be Sir Robert Brown - to be confirmed) bought this mini-car from my grandfather. He ordered it upon his retirement and took it back to England as a gift to his grand-daughter. He specially requested the car to be painted in red" wrote Alan Chung, owner of this picture
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:56:49 AM by Oguerrerob »

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:59:42 AM »
Very well done! :applause:

One point for you!

I leave it open for a short time in order to get some more infos maybe..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:04:02 AM by Allemano »

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 05:48:08 AM »
To the solved's it goes!

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Very well done! :applause:

One point for you!

I leave it open for a short time in order to get some more infos maybe..

Here you are: this car was built by Bowrington Motors (Happy Valley), it was called BM Junior and was powered by a 50cc Vespa engine. It was not a one-off. They were used also in the Junior Traffic Training exhibitions held by the Hong Kong Police & traffic departmen as shown below. There were different versions.

NB: Mr Alan Chung seems to be quite concerned about the use of his pictures:

NOTE: These are my family privately owned photos that I disabled downloading from Flickr. Recently I discovered that many people copied some of my photos by other means & posted on Facebook & various web sites. My late family members are in some of these photos. Please show respect & do not violate copyright.

I am using these pictures with all the respect they deserve and I won't make any profit sharing them here with you. I like this little cars and I still think they should be known to a wider public.
I can remove them if the owner wants me to  ;)