Author Topic: Fun #15 - Private Lionel Forge / 13 Parachute Battalion / GPA 4545 & '49 Dodge  (Read 345 times)

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
This mash-up is a bit off the beaten path. You're all Pros, so I'm going to be a stickler for completeness.

Know the story? For 1 point, tell me what this vehicle began as, what other vehicle's body parts were added to it, the name of the builder, and his rank and role when he built this thing. See how nice I am? A clue already.

Partial answers will be answered with 'incomplete', so be sure to answer all parts of the question.

Only complete answers will earn a point

If you haven't registered yet, you need to do so in order to reply.  You can do so by clicking here.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:16:23 AM by Otto Puzzell »
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Ray B.

• Puzzle Points 546
  • Pasta la vista
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • La philosophie dans la piscine
Re: Fun #15
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:10:41 AM »
This is Lionel Forge sitting on his Ford GPA #4545, onto which he grafted part of a 1949 Dodge stationwagon. The picture is from 1957, when he bought the GPA for $300.
Before this he had been private Lionel Forge, 13 Parachute Battalion, in the Canadian army, circa 1945.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:16:48 AM by Ray B. »
He Touched Me With His Noodly Appendage

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: Fun #15
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:14:53 AM »
Man - that was fast!

Well done.
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Ray B.

• Puzzle Points 546
  • Pasta la vista
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • La philosophie dans la piscine
You asked for a complete answer!
Here are three more pictures in 1959, after further modifications. The car with Lionel and his old lady.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:26:49 AM by Ray B. »
He Touched Me With His Noodly Appendage