Author Topic: puzzle #2-SOLVED-EXPO 67X  (Read 1661 times)

Offline rchirnom

• Puzzle Points 22
  • Contributor
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
puzzle #2-SOLVED-EXPO 67X
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:42:06 PM »
1. What is it?
2. Why was this car built?

Offline porridgehead

• Puzzle Points 42
  • Seat's up! Pa's home!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: puzzle #2
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:25:14 AM »
Innnnteresting.  You've tickled a long dormant memory that remains but a dim shadow of a forgotten recollection.

Yeah, it's that ol' nostalgia crap again. Sad to say, I don't remember, but I'm about to hit the hay and we'll see what dreams may come.

If'n I remember correctlike, it's a trading card. From what, I don't know. Banana Splits? Certainly not Zingers.

Jeez. I've been here.

*yawn*

Measures with mics, marks with chalk, cuts with axe, beats to fit and paints to match

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:56:12 AM »
In 1967, Imperial Oil of Canada requested four new customized Toronados also from G. Barris to be won through a lottery. The lucky winners received a beautifully redesigned Toronado known as 67-X.

<<< links removed >>>

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:40:49 AM by Otto Puzzell »

Offline rchirnom

• Puzzle Points 22
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 07:25:10 AM »
oops...i guess this is not as obscure as i thought it was. 
but, there is one more bit of information i was going for, as to the reason for the car being built.

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
    • My car photography
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:20:40 AM »
"I believe Esso dragged those all over the country during the contest. The promotion just before, or just after, was the 'Put a Tiger In Your Tank' promotion. Lots of cars had those tiger tails hanging out of the gas filler. Pretty cool stuff back then."

<<< link removed >>>

"Four in all were developed for Imperial or Esso gas to be given away for the Candianīs Centennial year at the Montreal Worldīs Fair."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:41:09 AM by Otto Puzzell »

Offline porridgehead

• Puzzle Points 42
  • Seat's up! Pa's home!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »
That was it! Dim memories of an eight year old.
Measures with mics, marks with chalk, cuts with axe, beats to fit and paints to match

Offline rchirnom

• Puzzle Points 22
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »
Correct!  I suppose I'll have to dig a bit deeper to "stump the chumps"....

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: puzzle #2-SOLVED-EXPO 67X
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 04:07:36 AM »
The car is for sale now, though the seller calls it the 70-X. The seller indicated Barris built four of these, so perhaps they were numbered sequentially? The sale price has been 'discounted' to $229,900 US

You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!