Author Topic: A#139 Solved: Comet Roadster  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Arunas

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 650
  • Nulla tenaci invia est via
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • https://www.cartefacts.com
Re: A#139
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 01:29:47 AM »
I have it as a Comet Roadster, advertised from 1951-1955.

Well done! The point is Yours. You can post the ad because I think I have the same.

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: A#139 Solved: Comet Roadster
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 02:47:13 AM »
Not this time range.
So it's not a PUP... later than 1950?
1952-1955.
EDIT: sorry I changed too many times.

???

Offline ftg3plus4

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 120
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »
Looks like a joke? It really isn't joke and I would give give one additional point if You posted a photo of this car, but I am sure I'm not allowed to do that. Good luck!
So... why would you not be allowed to post a photo of it (at least to begin with)? Is there something you haven't told us?
"May I submit 'Utopian Turtletop'? Do not trouble to answer unless you like it."
-- Marianne Moore, suggesting a name for what would become the Edsel

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 11:37:12 AM »
This car was shown severeal times just in ads form. I think He is going to give another point to whoever post here a picture of the real car (if it exists).
My question is, since I knew where to find it and the only way was to narrow down the years, why for 2 times I did not have a reply?
My answer is: hey, that's a game, everything is fine.
 ;)

( :censored:)

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »
Comet Motors Inc. was incorporated on April 5, 1954, by Howard Saxon to build midget one-passenger racers. Saxon advertised catalogs for the Comet in the back of do-it-yourself magazines, and some of his little racers were used in state fair rides. Saxon also offered a roadworthy car capable of seating two adults, of which only one is known to have been sold. Saxon advertised the Comet for about eight years, during which time appoximately 30 midget racers were sold. Saxon did sell a lot of catalogs, however.

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 05:18:54 AM »
Some other Comet Manufacturing illustrations, and a period pic of a Comet racer.
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!