Author Topic: Solved - NEH 67: RAW Fulcrum / BSC Falcon  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Solved - NEH 67: RAW Fulcrum / BSC Falcon
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:54:53 AM »
Name this car and builder for 1 point:
Interests in life:  Cars, cars, cars - oh and ..er..cars

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
Re: NEH 67
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 07:16:17 AM »
Experts?

Offline Djetset

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 562
  • Car Life
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:32:39 AM »
This looks like the RAW Fulcrum, a challengingly-designed British kit car.
A car is for life, not just for Christmas.

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 09:04:35 AM »
It certainly does - in fact it looks so much like the RAW Fulcrum that I would have to concede that it is actually the same body!  For that reason I think I'm going to have to give you your point.

However - that's NOT the name of the car in my picture, so before I award the point and move it can you have a go at the name I have down and what I had intended to call it when it gets moved to the Solved section?

Yours for 48 hours to have a good Google!

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 07:45:01 AM »
Maybe you haven't found anything by Googling Djetset but since you did identify the body as the RAW Fulcrum and it does in all respects look identical to the car I had in mind I've given you your point.

The car I actually had in mind was the BSC (British Super Cars) Falcon petrol or electric car.

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: Solved - NEH 67: RAW Fulcrum / BSC Falcon
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 05:09:27 PM »
The designer is now a member!
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 06:14:55 PM »
The designer is now a member!

Maybe Djetset had better modify his post then!
Know some people are a bit touchy about opinions...!

Offline Djetset

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 562
  • Car Life
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »
Oophs, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, and it's great that distinctive cars like this exist!  Welcome to AutoPuzzles Mr Fulcram designer  ;)
A car is for life, not just for Christmas.

Offline rawfulcrumdesigner

• Puzzle Points 0
  • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
It's great to see the car however and all opinions are valid, Really happy to see it here.

It's great to get the name about too and it's the name that is the only contention i have here.

I designed the fulcrum for Raw striker ltd a couple of years ago and the shape was carved by my own hand, There for It has to be identified as the Raw Fulcrum, not least because over 10 exist and not 1 Bsc Falcon exists. Infact even as the designer i knew not of Bsc at all before this puzzle. I'll get back in the loop soon I hope.

I like this site and the auto puzzles, Great game!

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »
Nice to hear from you rawfulcrumdesigner!
I got the image from British Super Cars' website, on which it is described as the BSC Falcon, with a choice of petrol or electric drive.
Strangely enough the image is actually entitled 'striker' although there is no mention at all of Striker, RAW or Fulcrum anywhere on the website...

It is very common for several cars to use the same bodywork with different names but usually it is some sort of licencing agreement or sale of the design.

Wonder if RAW Fulcrum know what's going on?!

• Puzzle Points 0
  • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 05:45:56 PM »
Hello all, I have to inform you that this has opened a much bigger issue than i first realised.

I am totaly shocked by this. After Seeing this confusing post I checked out Bsc's Website. I checked with Mel at Raw and they have no knowledge of Bsc and have in no way agreed to any licence to the fulcrum . Infact it goes further than this, They are quite illegally displaying the car as their own, In fact I own the design right to the fulcrum shape. They are using photographs that are actually mine on their site. The actual photo used here on this puzzle and on thier site was taken by my friend lewis, that has only ever been issued to EVO magazine for an article.

I'm sorry to display this here, but the Fulcrum from it's conception has been a big chunk of my design career to date so i am precious about it's reputation and sucess. Also the british car industry needs all the help it can get and so we feel that this a matter of high importance.

Raw are seeking legal advice about this issue so if anyone has any information please contact Raw striker ltd or visist www.web.mac.com/rawuk/ We will be actioning for Bsc to take down their website with immediate effect.

Just for the Record, the Fulcrum is well checking out, it is a very capable machine. Gary goodyear has jsut won the formula 750mc kit car championship again this year and holds lap records at every track visited on their callender. Its a really great asset to the british sports car scene. Please support us.

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 06:02:43 PM »
And interestingly there is a photo on the BSC website purportedly of a red BSC Falcon actually racing.   Yet no cars actually exist....
The plot thickens!

Furthermore there is a picture on the website of a "BSC Attack" which is exactly the same car as featured in my NEH 11, which was a West Philly Hybrid Team Attack - just with different wheels.    Hmmmm
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:14:25 PM by Carnut »

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 06:09:46 PM »
Hi Raw!

I thought that BSC was just a company who make electric version of existing kit cars!
I like your design on this car, and one thing for sure, it is a car like no other!
(PS your link is not working...)

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 06:35:05 PM »
I will look into the legal aspects but I am not a lawyer and can't say anything for sure.  Glad to have you aboard though.  Good luck with the plagiarizers.

Check out this thread to truly appreciate what we are about:

http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/index.php?topic=7269.0

• Puzzle Points 0
  • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 06:56:55 PM »
Thank you for your support guys, sorry to abuse the nature of this site,

just to clarify all photos displayed on the Bsc site have been used without permission and are of The Raw Fulcrum, Bsc have no fulcrum of any name or nature of their own, they have no licence nor any agreement to make an electric verion of the Fulcrum (actually id love to know how they think they'd fit everything in it!) . They are quite simply passing off our car as their own, It is being actioned against tomorrow~The red race car photographed for further claity is of Captain Gary Goodyears all conquering Fulcrum that i mentioned in the previous post.

They are also showing pictures of the adrenaline motorsports 'murtaya' as a car they produce that they are calling the minitor. i wonder if they know about it?

I keep thinking that someone is just having a laugh,I would love to know how you guys first came across BSC?  ANYWAY, it is late and i'm sure this will all be cleared up soon.

I will leave this site for the fun that is intended now. I like the identify the car game alot, I'm not very good at vintage cars though

Great fun site guys.

yours truely

Neil

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 07:14:46 PM »

I will leave this site for the fun that is intended now.

All contributions are welcome here.  We are so glad you took the time to share this with us.  We hope you will continue to keep us posted and share anything you feel.  Here's to hoping we see you around again real soon. 

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 07:53:45 AM »
I would love to know how you guys first came across BSC? 

Just a bunch of sad anoraks with way too much time on our hands spent Googling...

• Puzzle Points 0
  • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 01:56:40 PM »
Hello Guys! Just to inform you that Bsc's webite has now gone! We must have got our message accross to them today! Long Live the Raw Fulcrum as it is and has always been!! Phew!

Once I have built my design website you can see the Fulcrum and it's design story and other projects I am involved in.

It'll be at www.creativedeisgncentre.com, which is being on the net now, but with limited information on it. I only started it a few days ago. it was in trying to optimise it for google searches that I came across this site and all this bsc nonsense!

Regards

Neil W