Author Topic: You drive a What??? #2 - Solved! Bedelia Cyclecar  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Ian Evans

• Puzzle Points 6
  • Contributor
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
You drive a What??? #2 - Solved! Bedelia Cyclecar
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:14:22 PM »
Know what this is?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:06:48 AM by Oguerrerob »

Offline neilshouse

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 430
  • I want one!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: You drive a What??? #2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »
Is this a Bedelia cyclecar?

Offline Ian Evans

• Puzzle Points 6
  • Contributor
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:48:31 PM »
Is this a Bedelia cyclecar?

Well done!!  And the year?

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 04:46:10 AM »
Hello, everyone. Otto "Solomon" Puzzles here...

neilshouse replied to this Rookie Puzzle from Ian Evan, in May of this year. Between answering the posed question "Know what it is", and Ian's response "...and the year?", neilshouse was promoted up from the Rookie ranks. Therefor, neilshouse cannot reply to the follow up question.

neilshouse has asked if he might be granted an opportunity to respond.

If the timing between the two events had been lesser - I'd say seven days or less - I'd be inclined to say no, right out. Also, if the original question had asked for the year of manufacturer, I'd also be inclined to say no.

However, since neilshouse answered the question originally posted, and a not-insubstantial amount of time had passed between his initial identification of the car, and Ian's follow-up question, I'm inclined to post neilshouse's answer to the follow up question which is:

Quote from: neilshouse, via email.

If Ian agrees with your response, he may indicate so in this thread, and award you the point. Fair enough?
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 04:23:44 AM »
Ian has notified me that it's a 1915 Bedelia, but he's awarding you the point. Well done!
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline @re

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 319
  • Cuore Sportivo
Re: You drive a What??? #2 - Solved! Bedelia Cyclecar
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »
The exact one in this picture was actually, according to some website I found ages ago, the first motor vehicle in Rhodesia. There's your Trivia Fact Of The Day.
1974 Fiat X1/9 1500
2005 Alfa GT 1,9 JTD

Offline Allan L

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 413
  • Forum Host in Vintage!
Re: You drive a What??? #2 - Solved! Bedelia Cyclecar
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 02:53:50 PM »
The exact one in this picture was actually, according to some website I found ages ago, the first motor vehicle in Rhodesia. There's your Trivia Fact Of The Day.
I have to say that Southern Rhodesia had moved on a bit by the time I was there in the late 1940s, but alas owning such a vehicle would be the height of ones ambition in that poor country now.
Opinionated but sometimes wrong