Author Topic: Whaddyacallit #92- SOLVED - Arthur Thompson's House Car  (Read 855 times)

Offline Ray B.

• Puzzle Points 546
  • Pasta la vista
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • La philosophie dans la piscine
Whaddyacallit #92- SOLVED - Arthur Thompson's House Car
« on: May 14, 2008, 12:59:22 PM »
Ever seen this ?

Please, respond below and let us know the make and model designation of the car posted here.
If you haven't registered yet, you need to do so in order to reply with your answer.
Also, please be sure to check out our other puzzles, and, please post a puzzle of your own if you'd like - the more, the merrier.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:28:33 AM by Oguerrerob »
He Touched Me With His Noodly Appendage

Offline Ray B.

• Puzzle Points 546
  • Pasta la vista
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Whaddyacallit #92
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:30:33 PM »
This car is, maybe not obviously, a one-off. So "make and model" don't mean much here. I will be content with the name of the owner/builder.

Offline Tuckeroo

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 122
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »
1934 Thompson House Car, now in the Auburn trailer Collection: http://www.auburntrailercollection.org/id3.html

Offline Ray B.

• Puzzle Points 546
  • Pasta la vista
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »
Fantastic ! I thought this was going to last for weeks because I hadn't imagined there would be another reference to it on the net !
Mine gives 1937, which seems more logical for the car itself, even if the basis is a 1934 Studebaker.