Author Topic: Q#10 - Solved - Choro-Q Motors QQ  (Read 984 times)

Offline Quiller

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 332
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Quiller Print
Q#10 - Solved - Choro-Q Motors QQ
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
What's make make and model of this car? And no, it's not a model car
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:20:04 AM by Oguerrerob »

Offline Quiller

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 332
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Quiller Print
Re: Q#10
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »
Will this be a little challenge for the experts?

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:38:36 PM »
Hi, that is the Japanese (don't tell me...) Takara Q-car

Offline Quiller

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 332
    • Quiller Print
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:24:16 PM »
Well that's close enough - the brand that makes this car is owned by Takara, but can you give me the actual brand name and exact model name of this car?

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:03:01 AM »
Sorry, but all the info I can get by now are there

http://web-japan.org/trends01/article/020905bus_r.html

"Is It a Toy?
One product has sparked debate on whether or not it is even a toy. At the end of August, major toy maker Takara Co. (site is Japanese only) began taking orders for the Q-Car, an electric vehicle that seats only a driver. This "toy," which will retail for ¥1.3 million ($10,833), can be driven on public roads, provided the operator has a driver's license. The Q-Car is modeled after the Choro-Q, a wind-up toy car released by Takara in 1980 that has long been popular. The new Q-Car appears to have caught the attention of adults who grew up playing with the Choro-Q, and while Takara had only planned to sell 99 units, it received 200 orders by telephone and the Internet in just two days. "
Can't be more specific...I'm not home (and I won't for quite long..)

Offline Quiller

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 332
    • Quiller Print
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 12:27:06 PM »
From what I understand, Takara set up a new company, called Choro-Q Motors (or CQ Motors), and presented several models under the Q-Car umbrella, including the Qi and this Bugatti-esque pastiche which it called the QQ.

I think you deserve the point, however!