Author Topic: What it is 123...SOLVED>>>1969 Buick Century Cruiser Concept/1964 Firebird IV  (Read 1770 times)

Offline GRAYWOLF

• Future Media Mogul
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 19
  • High School
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My Blog
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:51:57 AM by pnegyesi »
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."-Patrick Henry

Offline SeaLion

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 261
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: What it is 123
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 05:39:29 PM »
General Motors Firebird IV from 1964, designed by William L. Mitchell.

Offline GRAYWOLF

• Future Media Mogul
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 19
  • High School
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 11:40:27 PM »
This could end up being an interesting story. it does, indeed, show up on several web sites as a Firebird IV, however I did find a pic that is definitive, unless GM released this concept under 2 different names half a decade apart.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."-Patrick Henry

Offline SeaLion

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 261
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:50:58 AM »
GM often reused their concept cars. The GM Firefrost Silver Firebird IV from 1964 was repainted pearlescent blue and became the 1969 Buick Centurion.

<<< link removed >>>
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:06:03 AM by Otto Puzzell »

Offline GRAYWOLF

• Future Media Mogul
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 19
  • High School
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 09:43:12 AM »
Well, again Hemmings appears to be wrong. I am giving you the puzzle because I  found other sources (late last night) that did indicate that it was the rebadged Firebird IV.

This pic  is the reason I didn't readily concede the puzzle:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:50:54 AM by GRAYWOLF »

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
Period pics
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:10:15 AM by Otto Puzzell »
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cool pics, thanks for contributing! :)

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
One more.
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!