Author Topic: Puzzle #487 - Solved! Carbon Motors E7  (Read 11978 times)

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Puzzle #487 - Solved! Carbon Motors E7
« on: October 07, 2007, 05:32:57 AM »
Know what it is?

Please, respond below and let us know the make and model designation of the car posted here.

If you haven't registered yet, you need to do so in order to reply with your answer.  You can do so by clicking here.

Also, please be sure to check out our other puzzles, and, please post a puzzle of your own if you'd like - the more, the merrier. :D

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:45:05 AM by Otto Puzzell »
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Ray B.

• Puzzle Points 546
  • Pasta la vista
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • La philosophie dans la piscine
Re: Puzzle #487
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 05:34:27 AM »
Your pic doesn't show, Mr. Utz
(one minute later) Oops! Sorry, that was a failure in my internet connection. I got it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 05:38:15 AM by Ray B. »
He Touched Me With His Noodly Appendage

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »
The failure was mine. I posted the puzzle before FTP'ing the pic to the server.

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 03:17:13 AM »
OK, Experts - have at it!  :)

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 03:33:36 AM »
Hi, that is a Carbon Motors E7....
Carbon Motors makes a logical point with their new Carbon E7 purpose-built police car: while other government services like fire trucks are purpose-built, police vehicles are usually stock civilian vehicles which are then modified to suit police purposes, with stuff like radios, sirens and other equipment added aftermarket-style.

The Carbon E7 is the world’s first purpose-built law enforcement vehicle. The result is a police sedan that runs on a 3.0 liter inline-6 twin-turbodiesel engine that is bio-diesel capable, putting out 300 horsepower and 570Nm of torque via a 6-speed automatic transmission through the rear wheels. That actually pretty much sounds similar to the BMW 335d or the 535d. While the engine is from an unnamed third party vendor, the aluminium spaceframe chassis has been entirely developed in-house. The car is designed to have a 400,000km lifespan.

Offline el_monty

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 309
  • I have no idea what I'm doing
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Puzzle #487 - Solved! Carbon Motors E7
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 03:26:46 AM »
Original picture not visible
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Offline GrahamClayton

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 14
  • Contributor
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Graham's Blog
Re: Puzzle #487 - Solved! Carbon Motors E7
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 07:18:52 PM »
The Carbon Motors Corporation applied for $310 million in Department of Energy loans to get production started, but this was refused, which resulted in the company going out of business before building any production-spec vehicles. The lone prototype was sold at auction in 2014 to an Indiana collector for $74,000.
"She's a beauty!" - Australian Prime Minister describes the first 48-215 Holden to come off the production line in November 1948