Author Topic: Solved - Quiz - P24 - Jetstream 1985  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Solved - Quiz - P24 - Jetstream 1985
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
Know what it is?

Please, respond below and let us know the model designation of the car posted here.

If you haven't registered yet, you need to do so in order to reply with your answer.

Also, please be sure to check out our other puzzles, and, please post a puzzle of your own if you'd like - the more, the merrier.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:16:46 AM by Oguerrerob »

Offline Tuckeroo

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 122
  • Contributor
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Quiz - P24
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 02:48:50 PM »
1985 Jetstream

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
Re: Quiz - P24
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
Yes it is! And I'm sure you know this car was for sale on e-bay...that is what the seller writes:

This car was built in 1985. Body is built with fiberglass and urethane composite making it very light. Entire body can be lifted off with 2 people for easy access to frame and all other parts. Powered by 400 cubic inch Chevy small block, driving through a 2 to 1 reduction drive to a six blade, 54" propeller. As the propeller tips approach mach 1, she is extremely loud. Anyone that has heard an airboat knows they are loud. This is no different , even though it is equipped with mufflers. I am putting in a reserve but may sell it even if reserve hasn't been met. I am a little leery on selling because of the sue happy society now adays. Please, only responsible people bid. The Jetstream is no more or less dangerous than an airplane, but that is a six blade prop back there an anything that goes through it will...... well you understand. This is a serious running vehicle and is not a toy! I have had a lot of fun with her. Scares the hell out of chickens and is a blast on a dirt road! Thanks for looking.

Offline Allan L

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 413
  • Forum Host in Vintage!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Solved - Quiz - P24 - Jetstream 1985
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »
We aviation people think a Jetstream looks like

PS I think there's an insect on its back ;D
Opinionated but sometimes wrong

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:02:49 PM »
We aviation people think a Jetstream looks like

Are you in the aviation field too?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:02:56 AM by Paul Jaray »

Offline Allan L

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 413
  • Forum Host in Vintage!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:25:58 AM »
Are you in the aviation field too?

Yes I was. Civil aeroplanes, though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 04:37:55 AM by Allan L »
Opinionated but sometimes wrong

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:49:36 AM »
Actually I'm not a pilot, I'm an air traffic controller and the day Schumy raced against the Eurofighter I was on duty....great day!